Friday, 14 August 2015

A simple seaside card for a rainy day


So today I had a go at making this little card, which is most likely destined for my Dad on his birthday. It's always tricky to think up ideas for men's cards but I reckon beach scenes are pretty generic, and well received by all.
Here's how to do it;
Start by flat stamping your scene. I used three little stamps to do this but I'm afraid for the life of me I can't remember whose make they are :/

Once done, colour your images. At this point it is a good idea to select the background papers that you are going to use so that you can match up the colours you choose for your stamped image. I like using pro markers as I think they have a nice finish, but really anything will do.


Now for one of my favourite parts - colouring the background. I do this by dipping a dry baby wipe (yep, no expense spared here!) in to my chosen ink pad and then gently applying it by rubbing it on to the card in small circular movements starting at the edges of the card. You might find it helpful to have some scrap paper on hand to dab off excess ink and test the strength of the color before you apply it to the card.
I used versa mark inkpads in canary, sand beige, mountain lake, smoke blue and atlantic.


Now layer up your papers on to a square card. Play around with the arrangements until you are happy. I've used papers from 'do crafts ahoy there' set.

Finally stick it all down with a bit of double sided tape and add your finishing touches. I finished of by adding drops of liquid pearls in bisque, some little tiny shells picked up in Tavistock arts market and some 'bedazzled' sprinkles. Last but not least, stamp on your message. Presto!



1 comment:

  1. A lovely summery card, thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete