Sunday, 18 October 2015

A Christmas Candle



Having been spurred on by my last attempt, today I had another go at making a candle by transferring stamped ink images. I'm really pleased with the result this time. Here's what I did.

Firstly I measured and cut a piece of white tissue to the same size as the candle. I then inked up a selection of stamps with black Staze on and stamped this scene. The stamps are all from the card-io collections range.

I then masked the bottom of the design with a piece of torn paper, and inked the top with Atlantic versa ink. I added in the winter sun using canary and camellia versa inks. When I removed the mask it gave the impression of fresh white snow on the ground.


 I then wrapped it tightly around the the candle, and then wrapped the whole thing in greaseproof paper. Being careful not to burn myself (!!!) I used a heat gun to gently heat all areas of the candle until the tissue paper had transferred. Being such a large design, this time I had to re wrap it in the greaseproof several times in order to heat all areas without burning my fingers!

I finished up by adding some crystal stickles for extra sparkle. Hope you like it! 


This is my final entry in to the Craft barn light challenge for this week - phew, just in time!


7 comments:

  1. Hi Lou I hope this reaches you?I checked my emails and found that your comments email is a "no reply@ blogger one so nothing reaches you! It might be worth linking your email account? I shall leave my reply here about Fresco paints.....I have lots of different brands and yes you can use any, the reason I love Fresco is that they come in opaque, semi and translucent so you are really able to layer them beautifully. My email is in my side bar and if you send me your email via that I am quite happy to answer any other questions.Happy crafting and thanks so much for visiting my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jane. It's always good to know which are the products worth investing in hopefully I'll get a chance to have a play with some at some point. I'm still a bit of a novice with blogging so I'll have to take a look at whats going on with the emails! Thanks for stopping by. L x

      Delete
  2. this is amazing, I've put it on my to try list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely candle!! Certainly too nice to light! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, I'm so glad you like it. Do have a go butterfliecrafter - it has taken me ages to get round to trying it, but they are so simple to make and now I'm hooked! L x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful candle. I too, have put this on my "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete