Monday, 12 October 2015

Bunnies in the Autumn Light



I've made a rather hasty card this week after the arrival of my new card-io stamps (the tree set) I fancied having a go at some of the Autumn challenges that have been posted recently so tried to combine the two. I have to admit, orange is pretty far down on my list of colours that I use regularly (so much so that the little fabrico tangerine ink pad I used for this card was still in its cellophane wrapping!)

Anyway, it's good to push out of your comfort zone once in a while and so this encouraged me to do so.

I first inked the autumnal sunset background using versa colour camellia and canary, as well as the tangerine fabrico ink pad. I added in the cardio trees with a few remaining autumn leaves.

Next I used a torn sheet of paper as a mask and inked with an ancient 'evergreen' versa colour pad to make the lighter green band. Having re-positioned the mask lower down I inked a second band of versa colour green in front.

I used cardio bunny stamps in the foreground, again using the torn paper mask to give the impression that the bunny was popping up from behind something.

Finally I bordered the card with a fine line of golden rod stickles glitter.

I'd like to enter this card in to the following challenges;
Sir Stampalot -colours of autumn
Penny Black and More - warm autumn colours
Allsorts - no designer paper
My time to craft - autumnal colours
Less is more - one layer only
The Craft Barn - Light (although I still have another project up my sleeve for this one... maybe!)

16 comments:

  1. You should use orange more often as you did such a gorgeous job with it. Lovely scene! thanks for joining us at MTTC for autumn colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely colors and scene, not sure it's cas though, but i'm no judge ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have created a lovely Autumnal scene with the perfect colours and stamping and the hint of gold matting sets it off really well.

    Many thanks for joining in at Allsorts, Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous Autumal card Lou. I love the cute little rabbits and the gold edging finishes your card off beautifuly.
    Thank you for joining us this month at Penny Black and More and we hope you will join us for our November challenge.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind comments everyone. I think you might be right though Maaike, I hadn't realised :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful Autumn scene! Nicely done, and perfect for our theme this month at Penny Black and More! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely and a warm scene have you made.
    thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations. this month.
    kind regards, Dora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Autumn scene - thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts, penny black & more and Stamping Sensations, challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the autumn feel with those rich colours. Your candle looks fab too.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'No Design Papers' challenge this week and Penny Black & More @ Allsorts good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, but you may not have read that we have a maximum of 5 challenges which may be combined and we DO like to see areas of white space on submissions to our challenges as we are solely a Clean and Simple challenge!
    We really hope you'll join us again!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this little scene you've created using your Card-io stamps, it's gorgeous. But as Chrissie mentioned you've exceeded our limit of combined challenges this time.
    Please do join us again.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful card, I love the bunnies. Fantastic scene.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful use of those stamps and such wonderful autumn tones.
    Sadly as Anita and Chrissie mentioned we have a limit of 5 challenge link ups including our own and you have exceeded that. We are therefore unable to accept your card this time but do hope you'll play along again.
    Sarah
    Less is More DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. the bunnies are so cute.lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete