Friday, 30 October 2015

Less is more

Every so often as card makers we are tasked with making a card that really challenges us. I remember once being commissioned to make a 50th birthday card for a nurse who was in to lace making and baking... Incorporating all of those elements! Needless to say the resulting card was most definitely one-of-a-kind!
This weekend I am attending a double adult baptism and as such I need to make two cards. The sudden realisation that I have no idea what normally goes on a baptism card, coupled with needing to make two of the things, was rather daunting. Anyway, I figured, if in doubt, less is more, and teamed my make with this weeks Less is more sketch challenge.

This is the sketch I was trying to match. ( No one needs to know that my first thought when I saw it was 'why is there a tampon on the card?!!!' do they?)

Anyway!!!


Here is my card


I inked the rough shape on to the card first using versa colour Evergreen and Atlantic. I then masked off the tree line with torn paper and stamped the trees (card-io set) in black.
Next I moved the mask so that it covered the trees and added an additional torn paper mask below so I could ink the lake. This is in versa ink, lagoon.
Keeping the masks in place, I then stamped the trees upside down to give the impression of a reflection.
Finally I handwrote the message using an ultra fine fineliner.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning card! Your inking is fab and I love how you did the reflections, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you for visiting my blog and nice comment. Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done and a wonderful scene with brilliant reflections in the water.
    thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous scene. Very atmospheric. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog post made me chuckle but it was your card in the LIM gallery that caught my eye - how lovely and beautiful for a baptism.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your waterside scene is just gorgeous, love those reflections. And great results with your Versa Color inks, I must give that a go. Great to have a fellow Devon girl in blogland too!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crikey - you handwrote your sentiment! Very impressive and very brave on such a stunning one layer card. This is so beautiful...
    Thank you for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for such kind comments everyone. Anne, I'm never sure whether it's scarier stamping or handwriting the sentiment but I didn't have a baptism one so it had to be done! Neets - it's good to know I'm in good company crafting here in beautiful Devon! Thanks for popping by everyone. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My trip to Disneyland Paris with my grandchildren last week put me all behind with my commenting, I'm sorry this is so late!
    This is fabulous, I love how you have managed to include the reflections of the trees.
    Fab!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete