Monday, 16 November 2015

Advent calendar

Today I have finally completed the advent calendar panel I bought at the craft show in Exeter back in September. (Thank you to Crafty ribbons whose theme of 'Christmas tree' spurred me on to get done!)
The panel is printed by makower and I bought it from the little Laura's stand. I wanted to make it my own so I've added various extra little details.
I made bows from satin ribbons and stitched them on to some of the parcels.
I used gold twine to make the bauble threads 3DD,
and added a couple of other bits and pieces from my crafty stash such as this turquoise ribbon and little jingle bell.
Finally I hung it with some crafty ribbons red snowflake ribbon.
I may add a little glitter to it all yet but I'm not quite decided!

As well as the Crafty ribbons challenge, I'd also like to enter this project in to the Allsorts 'not a card' challenge. (It's definitely not a card but does a sewing project still count?)

3 comments:

  1. A lovely creation for our theme Lou, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondeful wall hanging thanks for playing Crafty Ribbons Challenge Love and hugs Carole x DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete