Tuesday, 24 November 2015

Lavinia stamps Christmas challenge

I've been eagerly watching the Lavinia stamps blog for a while note hoping you enter but as the rules state that the only stamps to be used are Lavinia's I was struggling as I only had two! This week I rectified that situation and armed with a little selection of exciting new Lavinia stamps I checked back on the blog. Doh, hadn't realised it was a Christmas challenge this time. I had ponies, lavender, autumn vine, fairies, stars and a bumble bee with which to create my Christmas entry!
Time to get a little inventive! I masked and inked a triangle shape and with the mask still in place repeatedly stamped the stars then sprayed with smooch spritz. I inked part of the autumn vine and placed it to look like the fairies were decorating with it.

I inked all round the edges with distress ink and stamped more of the vine coming off the page. Finally I used bits of the lavender stamp to add an undergrowth effect at the bottom of the card. A bit of obligatory stickles and some garnet liquid pearls and I was there!

This is a closed up of the Christmas tree to show some of the details

Take a look at the Lavinia stamps blog here.

4 comments:

  1. Lou that's so clever and inventive, love the card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the fairies are decorating the tree! Great card - good luck in the Lavinia Challenge (and I'll be looking out for more entries from you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty and very Christmassy...... Thanks you fr entering the Lavinia Challenge and Good Luck..... Marianne DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Lou, it shows how versatile the stamps are when you can improvise like you have. Thank you for sharing your creation and good luck in the Lavinia Stamps Challenge. Kx DT member

    ReplyDelete