Monday, 16 November 2015

Penny black winter bough



This weekend it was time to bring out one of my all time favourite stamps. It is the penny black winter bough and it has been used countless times for cards, tags, wrapping paper, you name it!

I had a couple of goes at what you can see turned out to be pretty similar cards. I started by inking the background with Tim Holtz bundled sage distress ink, then worked in to it with some Nick Bantock sapmoss green. 

I wanted that splattered effect in the ink (as inspired by the The funkie junky tag #5) I don't own a proper spritzer so in desperation I hunted through the cupboards and settled upon, well, um... Dettol. Yep, not only do we have a Christmas card, but now it has that pine fresh smell of anti-anti-bac too!!
Anyway, it did the job nicely, I spritzed it and dabbed off the excess with kitchen paper.

Next I repeat stamped the winter bough in sapmoss green, overlapping it slightly to create a bigger branch. I spritzed the whole thing again, this time with smooch spritz and added garnet liquid pearls. To add another layer to the inking I added some little silver stars and snowflakes with the card-io winter flurry set in versa colour silver. The sentiment stamp was free with creative stamping #27.

This card is destined for the following challenges;
The craft barn My world record would have to be 'most unusual product used on a card!!!'
The funkie junky - check out their boutique here
Stamping sensations festive foliage
Simon says stamp something beginning with N is 'Noel'
Casology - Give. Well Christmas is all about giving isn't it?

9 comments:

  1. Love this card! Gorgeous inkiness! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations!
    Viv (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, love the soft colours. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. A scented card is one way to add interest! ;) I love the rich color on this and the way the winter bough frames the simple sentiment!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's really gorgeous, Lou! Great background, and I can see why that stamp is one of your favourites. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card and great out of the bow thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful Lou. Love the record too!! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both the cards and how you solved your spritzer problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is an absolute beauty. What a fantastic stamp. Love the way you blended the green ink just where you stamped and left the rest white. Absolutely stunning! So happy to have you sharing with my visitors for this challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete