Monday, 23 November 2015

Ponies in the snow

Today I'm shearing this little snowy card with you. I created the snowy scene by masking the card with torn paper and inking it in Chateux grey versa ink. With the mask still in place I added in the line of trees and the sunset in camellia and canary versa ink. I stamped Lavinia stamps pony duo in the fore ground then set about crafting the wreath. This is actually the sizzix 'autumn gatherings' die but I thought if I cut them all out in white they would have a wintery look. To some leaves I added silver ink, and to others I added more of the grey. I punched a couple of flowers with woodware punches. The whole lot is stuck on with 3d foam mounts. Finally (because I can't make a card without it) I added silver stickles to some of the leaves.

This card has been designed with the following challenges in mind;
My time to craft let it snow
The craft barn snowflakes (not technically snow 'flakes' but you can't get snow without the flakes, right?!
Stamping sensations- festive foliage and flowers
Little Claire's Christmas in white
Simon Wednesday- Christmas

10 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas creation Lou, the white and sparkly wreath makes a perfect setting for the pony duo.

    Many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just stunning! A beautiful scene and gorgeous leafy frame!
    Thanks so much for joining in at Little Claire!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Lou, a lovely design with a beautiful die wreath with sparkling with leaves and flowers. Your image is gorgeous!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card thanks for playing at little claire

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, super image, thanks for sharing with us at MTTC.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the scene you have created. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so lovely and peaceful!! Beautiful card. Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the white leafy wreath, it frames your ponies so well.
    Julia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely calm scene, especially love the sunset, just gorgeous. Vicky

    ReplyDelete