Friday, 29 January 2016

Q is for...

I'm thoroughly enjoying playing along with the craft barn dictionary challenge. This is the second week and they've gone for the letter Q. I'm sticking with trying to have a nature inspired dictionary so for Q chose...

Quince!


This was one of those happy occasions where it all just seemed to come together. 
I first inked the page with antique linen distress ink, then stamped a card-io leaf and branch stamp in bundled sage around the edges.
I looked up some pictures of quinces and drew this one with fineliner and water colour pencils. My drawing skills leave a bit to be desired but I think it is at least recognisable!!
I added crafty individuals dragonflies in versa colour bronze, subtle, but just about visible!

It all seemed to be done rather too quickly so a couple of days later I went back and added the Q which I drew first on to tissue paper and pasted on. It is coloured worth gold gel ink and edged with fineliners. Finally I finished it of with glossy accents.

Page two done, I wonder what page three will bring?

16 comments:

  1. Your dictionary page looks great! Your drawing is wonderful. I like the aging of the paper with ink and the subtle stamping of the leaf branch. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid drawing of a quince. I have some of those in the garden, ornamental ones so unfortunately I can't eat them. Yours looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab idea, love your drawing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You draw SO well. It really DOES look like a quince. A real beauty, too. I was also impressed that you are trying to stick with your nature inspired theme, because that would be very hard for me. I love what you did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quince, really impressive drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great drawing of a quince and definitely recognisable. I love the stamping in the background x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab drawing, and the page is such a lovely group of colours, very mellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your drawing of a quince is superb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the subtle, faded background

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous dictionary page, your drawing is wonderful.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a rather lovely page! I like seeing the dictionary through the Quince and your drawing looks good enough that it made me crave quince paste. I can't remember the last time I had some!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous page, I love your drawings on the dictionary pages. I made a load of quince jelly last year, and your illustration is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely page and a very realistic looking quince x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The quince is so beautifully drawn and painted. You have created a lovely page in your dictionary.

    ReplyDelete