Thursday, 7 January 2016

Something new for a new year!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a super Christmas. I took a short break from the blog over the festive season - we had quite a houseful, nine in total, plenty to keep me busy. Anyway, with the new year underway I thought it high time I share one of my Christmas pressies with you. A new speedball stamp making kit! That's right, there's no stopping me now, with this kit I can make any stamp I want!!! (I may be a little too excited about this!)

It's very simple to use. I've had a go at designing my own images but alternatively you can trace anything you like and print it on to the rubber ready to carve. I've made a little woodland set to start off with an oak leaf, mushroom and birds.


These are the first cards I've done using the stamps, along with a penny black sentiment and tiny scraps of paper from my stash.

Here they each are close up



I stamped the oak leaf in DI antique linen, everything else was stamped with impress 'chocolate'.

I'd like to enter them in to the following challenges;
Allsorts- what's new? (Answer; carving your own stamps!)

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful set of cards! It is awesome that you made the stamps by yourself! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lou these cards are fabulous and using stamps you made yourself is just brilliant!!

    Buffy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These are unique and striking with superb mix of neutrals. Great cards and thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful set of cards! Great use of the neutrals and fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards and how clever carving your own stamps too, well done you ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are lovely Lou!! How talented are you making your own stamps!?! Love that touch of mixed media in the form of the paper strips in those neutral tones. Adds so much texture and interest. Love that you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a little late with my visit this time!
    What brilliant cards, I love them all, absolutely super compositions!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever Lou! Your stamps you created are super
    Thank you so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific set of cards (and stamps)! Love that you keep it clean & simple and used a little mixed media with the torn paper strips. Thanks for joining us at the CASology challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are awesome! I really love how you used the scraps! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your stamps, there will be no stopping you now. And what a fabulous idea to use paper strips to form your design.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! So impressive!! That is fabulous!! Wonderful cards!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete