Wednesday, 13 January 2016

The two types of crafters

I have come to the conclusion there are two types of crafters in this world. Those who do simple, clean and those who do embellishments to the max. I love the look of both. In the same way that it is often said those with curly hair wish it was straight and vice versa, I wonder if the same is true of crafters?

I certainly find it a lot easier to create clean and simple looking things and try as I might, even when I set out to create a complex, multi layered 'all out' sort of piece, more often than not, once I've put the first couple of things on the card I realise I'm happy with it and nothing else added looks right. This is not to say that I don't like doing clean and simple, I do, I love it. I just want to do both!

The Little Claire's challenge to create a 'special' Christmas card set in me that very feeling. 'This must have LOTS on it.' I had it out on the table for the best part of a week, kept going back to it time and again and still I would say it is only very tentatively dipping its toe in the waters of 'embellished to the max.'


I can only apologise for adding a Christmas card in January. I love Christmas but even I'm not ready to start again yet! This is going to be my hubby's card for next year as I didn't get to enter the Little Claire's challenge before the big day this year but still wanted to take part. He also tends to get neglected and ended up with a rather hurried offering this time around. So as long as I remember to give it to him next year he'll at least have something I've spent time over!

I used a mixture of rather fiddly paper piecing as well as colouring to decorate the snowman. 

Ingredients for this card;
Little Claires, Snowman bunting stamp
Basic Grey 'Figgy pudding' and 'fruitcake' papers
Memory Box Winter sprig die
Sizzix nesting scalloped circles dies
Promarkers
Liquid pearls - Garnet
Stickles - Eucalyptus
Button, brad  and ribbon from stash

So then, which type of crafter are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment