Tuesday, 23 February 2016

Shake it, Less is more style


 I've been having quite a think about something for this week's less is more challenge - add texture. Initially I was thinking of an embossing folder but, inspired by Anne's use of textured twine and the Simon Says Stamp shaker challenge, I had a change of heart. Last time I attempted a shaker card it was disastrous. Sticky things went in places there shouldn't be sticky things, beads went in places there shouldn't be beads. Glitter went in all the places. Needless to say, the card did not go on the blog. May it rest in pieces.
Anyway, today was the day to right that wrong. I found this lovely textured white ribbon in my ribbon box and like Anne, started there, fixing it in place with red brads. I created the shaker panel with die cuts and a piece of printed vellum. I chose lots of different textures for the shaker and surrounding 'scatter' including foam and sequin stars, diamante's and fabric hearts, This card is for my Auntie and Uncles Ruby wedding anniversary so I finished with the big 4-0.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your Auntie and Uncle on their 40th anniversary! They are going to LOVE this card. I'm so impressed at a CAS shaker, and this one is lovely. You did make me laugh with your comments about the previous card! I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful shaker card and so perfect for a ruby wedding anniversary.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect card for a ruby wedding and love the effect the vellum gives along with the pretty textured twine.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful design!
    This is a great card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking, Elegant, fun and gorgeous!
    Thanks for sharing at Less is More this week.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to be so late commenting, what a super anniversary card! Glad you got some texture inspiration from me :)
    Thanks for joining our challenge
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete