Monday, 21 March 2016

In praise of Mum

Many of us are fortunate enough to believe that our Mum's are the best in the world. I happen to be of that opinion and today I want to share a bit of  'Mummy love.'

If it wasn't for my Mum, and the many times that we spent at a Brighton Kitchen Table then I almost certainly wouldn't be a card maker. We spent many happy hours stamping and embossing using the heat from a toaster, held with a peg! My Mum has been my number one card making companion since forever and we have enjoyed many a road trip to craft shows and shops together over the years.

My Mum is not a blog owner but I know she visits mine from time to time and has more recently started to tell me that my cards are 'better than hers' and it's putting her off making. Of course, Mums are meant to say nice things and encourage their children, but not to their own detriment. So today I am not sharing with you one of my cards, but one of hers. Because of course, I keep them all.


Isn't it gorgeous? I'm allowed to say that of course because I didn't make it! But truly it is. So, this week I'm entering my Mum's lovely card in to the following challenges;


10 comments:

  1. A delightful Spring time creation and in such pretty fresh colours Lou, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card and gorgeous colour tones. Thank you for joining us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck to your Mum and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card. The image is so pretty and I love the color combo too. Thanks for joining the challenge at Paper Creator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet image, so pretty. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fresh and beautiful card !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaah simply gorgeous and i so love sitting at my craft table here in Sussex, watching the birds on my feeder, thank you MUM for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, with this gorgeous creation, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh very spring like, thanks for joining us over at Crafty Ribbons challenge, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the spring feeling of your card! Thanks for sharing it with us over at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A realy pretty card. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pretty spring card. Love your coloring of this lovely image. Thank you for sharing your wonderful card with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete