Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Mr Fix It

I feel like I say this a lot on here but, I don't have very many sentiment stamps at all. This often results in me handwriting messages on, but for this week's 'less is more' one layer sentiment challenge I felt I needed to do more than that. I rummaged through my stamps and happened upon a pretty old Woodware set called Mr fix it. I think it must have been one of the very earliest of the clear stamp sets. Anyway, it's not had a as much use as it deserves so I brought it out.


I stamped the three bricks in a variety of patterns then added the diggers and sentiments. For a touch a gentle irony and humour I stamped'it' upside down. The card is coloured with pro markers and I added some glossy accents to the diggers for an extra, one layered, dimension!

This card is destined for the less is more challenge and Casology's 'laugh' challenge (hopefully it is at least vaguely amusing?!!)

That's all for now although I've got a few exciting things coming up on the blog shortly so do call again!

8 comments:

  1. That's a really clever stamp set - great use of a scene to match the sentiment! Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and I love the way you have incorporated the sentiment in to your design! Thank you for playing along with us at Less Is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your fun card. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, so clever. Can think of many Mr Fix Its that could benefit from this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such fun, although the image is possibly a little more prominent than the sentiment!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really great stamp set. I think I agree with Chrissie that image is a little prominent Lou. But is it still such a fun card.
    Thanks so much for sharing it.
    Sharon xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very clever - super card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun and funny card Lou!
    Thank you so much for joining us at "Less is More" this week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete