Thursday, 17 March 2016

R is for...

This week over at the Craft Barn, the letter for the alphabet challenge is R. They also have their fortnightly challenge running which is to create a background with circles. I've combined the two for my entry this week where R is for...

Reptile 


I inked the whole page lightly first, then  added circles of colour using home made stencils.
 My dictionary has diagrams illustrating some of the words and reptile was one of them, which made it particularly appealing. Unfortunately on the opposite page was a full diagram of reproductive organs! Since we all already know what they look like I made the most of some reptile shaped die cuts strategically placed to ensure consistency in the theme!
I added a bit of journalling and shed loads of liquid pearls dotted everywhere to finish it off.

10 comments:

  1. What fun your pages are! Love that the snake is coming over from the previous page! So clever. I like your cute reptiles much better than the real ones. Love all your liquid pearl dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a word I'd never have chosen, hate the thought of them crawlies! But the page's good, the pointillism design reminds me of tribal designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful page reminiscent of those aboriginal dream paintings .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pages and sounds like good positioning of the die cuts! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Had to laugh at your reproductive organ comment. You managed to cover over it nicely. I enlarged the reptile photo to get a good look at them. Looks like you did a fantastic job and had lots of fun creating these dots, too (which are tiny circles, in my world)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This made me smile! Such a great choice of word for "R" and the pages are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great choice of word. I love the dots they really lift the page. Great fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun page. Love the reptiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this, great word! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn's Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pages and the Liquid Pearls were a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete