Saturday, 16 April 2016

D is for...


This evening I'm sharing my latest dictionary creation. It's 'D with a twist of pink' this fortnight and having scoured the D's there were three words I could have chosen. I have to say, on the whole the letter D makes some fairly depressing reading what with all the 'de' and 'dis' prefixed words, not to mention all those associated with death.

Still, nothing depressing here... I went with dandelions, dragonflies and daisies!
The stamps are Crafty Individuals build a meadow set which I first came across at a Helen Chilton class at the craft barn... it seems we've come full circle! 

I think this would have benefited from me dulling down the text in the background a bit first but I was a bit shy on time. To help define each flower I added some white gel pen to the daisies, wink of stella to the dandelions and the all important touch of pink to the seed heads. The dragonflies also have wink of stella on their wings but unfortunately it didn't want to be photographed today!

As the three words all occurred on different pages, the definition I have highlighted is the one for dandelion.

As well as the craft barn challenge, this seems just fitting for the Craft Stamper spring flowers challenge and stamping sensations, one for the girls challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

Lou x

8 comments:

  1. These are incredibly impressive. I was taken by all the D words you used and you are right: they are all very positive. I really like this spread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so beautiful!! Love it! Thank you for joining in The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful pages. I love that build a meadow set and your pages look stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have captured a warm summers day perfectly on your pages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page Lou and great choice of words, I find this page very restful
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely page. Beautiful made.
    Very nice to see.
    Thank you again for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. More lovely Butterflies Lou, the look really god against the script, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely page Lou. Serene and peaceful. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete