Saturday, 2 April 2016

G is for...

I know it has already been done by the design team, and by several others of you, but I had it in my head all along that when G came around this is what I'd do, so this fortnight 
G is for ... Giraffe!


I started by inking the whole page with ranger distress ink, then stenciling an imagination crafts leaf stencil over in ranger lucky clover DI.  
The stamps are all fairly old ones by francoise for woodware (the giraffes are wooden block mounted which made the masking and stamping particularly tricky! 

The grass, trunks and leaves all come from thte same set called jungle retro. I stamped in various greens, the trunks are ranger ground espresso DI and the giraffes are coloured with promarkers in ginger and bright orange.

Thanks for calling by today, hope you like my dictionary page, I wonder what the next letter will be at the Craft Barn?

As well as the craft barn dictionary challenge I'd also like to enter this in to Simon says stamp anything goes.




7 comments:

  1. A great jungle impression! Giraffe is a good choice for the letter G, but sadly I used my Giraffe with the last letter... Yours are fun and make a lovely page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great drama & colour. Love the giraffe on the right peeping around the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't these just the cutest giraffes! Great trees for them to nibble on too. I love it when all the text shows through the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a happy family of Giraffes! Love how the top left one seems to have climbed the tree! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is just beautiful! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Looks like real jungle. Great work! Thank you so much for joining in Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The giraffes look very content in their jungle scene. A great journal spread.

    ReplyDelete