Tuesday, 12 April 2016

Geom-etris

The challenge set by Less is More this week is to create a one layer card incorporating geometric shapes. I wanted to have a purpose my shapes and have spied some lovely cards in the gallery that do just that (still swooning over the ones with honeycomb hexagons!)

So I thought, what is Geometric? And while the answer could be many many things, Tetris, popped in to my head! The retro computer game where you have to slot geometric shapes in to one another... it probably has something to do with my (slightly geeky) husband being really in to his retro gaming...

Anyway, this is what I created...


It was slightly more challenging to create than you might think and I have safely concluded I would be hopeless at the game as it gave me brain ache just trying to slowly slot the shapes in to one another, let alone at speed! 

I happened upon a tiny trio of square stamps in my stash and used these in the original Tetris colours and shapes. I drew a reverse L in the corner of each little square with a pro marker, and added glossy accents over them all. The sentiment is from Woodware. 

I would have liked to have used a black card base but the colours wouldn't have come through properly so I have made my peace with it!

Simon Says Stamp are celebrating 7 years with a Birthday special so I am linking in there too today - Happy Birthday SSS!

12 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. The shapes and the sentiment go perfectly together, and I love how you've recreated the Tetris shapes and made them so gorgeously glossy. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I am surprised you didn't have a migraine after all that - what patience you have. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That's a brilliant card Lou! I used to love playing Tetris but was never any good at it. You must have the patience of a saint recreating the game on this card. Bravo! Thanks so much for letting us see it at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea brought to life for your card Lou ! So colourful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. how fun! i think it would be easier if you had the SSS grid stencil and traced the sqaures with your marker

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, full of colour and happiness!
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card! I immediately thought of Tetris when I saw the picture, before I read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Lou! This must have taken forever to create, what an awesome idea and brilliantly executed!
    Thanks so much for taking part
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Gracious, this must have taken you forever... but it looks awesome!
    Well done you!
    (I just noticed that I used almost identical vocabulary to Anne's...although I hadn't read her comment when I wrote mine) I think we both agree that this card is pretty sensational!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this tetris inspired design, Lou, and I am totally impressed by your patience! The bright colours and geometric pattern look great. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. O, what a great idea to use tetris shapes. :-) Fabulous colours and a wonderful card.
    Thank you for stopping by on my blog.
    Hugs,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Lou,ingenious and must have taken forever but worth it...looks fab! ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete