Friday, 8 April 2016

Not quite white

This week the challenge set us by Less is More is to have white space that isn't white. I.e. coloured blank space on your card. There was a time when every card I made started with a piece of colourful cardstock from the pick and mix at my local craft store but those days are in the distant past and it seems I have got in quite a white rut. Still, I thought, it cant be that hard...

This is card number one, I also wanted to link this in to the ATCAS inlaid dies challenge. Not a technique I've used before. After a woeful morning with a branch die that just wouldn't cut I switched tactics and went for the Tim Holtz word die with Lavinia stamps fairies. Although the card has worked, I'm just not that pleased with it. Dunno...

This was take two with a rainbow as my non-white space, and then I got to thinking, is it actually white, not white? I  made this with the simon says stamp's 'try to resist' challenge in mind as well. The resist is created with white embossing powder and the inks are versa colour. 


Card three is made with some exciting new stash from a craft work cards goody box that arrived yesterday... getting there...


And finally, I think this is my fave, also made with new craftwork cards stash. I'm linking this one in to Simon Wednesday's 'Happy Birthday' challenge and Casology's sprout challenge.


That's all for now... only just got there tonight! I'd love to hear what you think of my attempts at not white, do you have a favourite?
Lou x


9 comments:

  1. I like your torn paper effect, very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous selection of cards. My favourite is the last one - love the simple design and the gorgeous colours.

    Liz - LIM Guest Designer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look great, and you've been super productive! I particularly like the rainbow card for its gorgeous colours, but the torn paper 'sand' on the VW card is so creative. Fab cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH wow! I think you like this challenge Lou! What a fantastic collection and each one so different. Love them all - I'm a sucker for rainbows though and those little VW vans are just the cutest. Thanks for playing along at LIM and ATCAS. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. All so different, Lou, but all fabulous. Love the delicate rainbow effect but I think I'm with you, the last one has my heart. Just adore those colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your VW buses are so cute! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for my late visit this week, but time just ran away from me!
    What fabulous cards! I love the green background one!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these all. Especially your fabulous rainbow card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous selection of cards.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete