Friday, 29 April 2016

S is for...

Well it's time for another Alpha/ Dictionary challenge at the craft barn and this fortnight the letter is S... with an added Shell. I debated doing snail as it would be a little different, or Spaniel since mine is the light of my life! (and incidentally he is rather partial to the odd snail... eughk!) However in the end I decided to fully embrace the theme and selected S for ....

Shore

The acrylics came out along with lots of bits and pieces. I think I had imagined something a little more sophisticated and a little less gaudy but not to worry!

As I hunted through my stamps I was really rather stunned to find for all the beach huts and boats, I didn't have a single shell or starfish stamp to be found. Out came the stamp carving kit and that oversight was rectified in little under half an hour!

Anyway, this is the final page...


And a close up of the definition surrounded by beadazzleds et-al!

Thanks for stopping by today! Lou x

10 comments:

  1. I love all this sand and surf and sea and the wonderful bold colors of it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really colourful page which invokes a hot summer day at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely page. Great details along the shore line xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I was blown away by your stamp making abilities. I can't believe that was a half hour's work, because your starfish and shells are simply incredible!! Fantastic job and nice art, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page. I love the embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous embellishments and good that you were able to make your own shell stamps. Love the boldness of the colours too x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful page, love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your scene you've created and how great you carved your own shell stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely scene with the swirling surf. Well done on making your stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great page with lots of lovely texture and a feel of movement.

    ReplyDelete