Friday, 22 April 2016

Sunshine on a rainy day


My lovely Mum (who seems to feature quite regularly on my blog in one way or another) sent me a surprise crafty parcel not so long ago. In it, amongst other things, was a lovely beachy stamp set and some seagull ribbon. She challenged me to make a card incorporating both. This one is actually my third attempt as I wasn't keen on the first two. I stamped the three little beach huts side by side and coloured with watercolour pencils. Matted, mounted and added the ribbon, simples!
 I'd like to enter this in to the Less is More 'use three stamps' challenge and AAA cards anything clean and simple goes challenge.

7 comments:

  1. nice result, i like the tone on tone look, or monochromatic, shame the ribbon isn't blue too, but they you've done well and what a great surprise from your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super card Lou. Loving the funky beach huts and that ribbon is so gorgeous too.
    Thanks for joining us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the seaside theme and soothing blue palette! Those stamps are fab. Love the ribbon too. Top marks to your mum for a fabulous gift! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely gift from your mum and your card made with it is fab Lou - I particularly like the seagull ribbon
    Thank you so much for joining us
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these beach hut images, great gift!
    Super card too!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I really like the CAS look of this and the simplicity! Thanks for playing along at AAA Card Challenge! Justine :)

    ReplyDelete