Thursday, 26 May 2016

A is for...

This fortnight at the Craft Barn we have come round to the letter A. Quite a hefty chunk in the dictionary but I was quite quickly drawn to my chosen word, so this week A is for...

Acorn


I got messy with acrylics to make the background and painted the set of oak leaves on to tissue before adhering it to the page. Then I used Tim Holtz autumn gatherings die and a selection of papers to create the scattered boarder. Finally I stamped the sentiment using Hero Arts alphabet stamps. 

I'm also linking this in to the craft barn's 'two paper' challenge, assuming two is the minimum number of papers allowed and I haven't broken the rules by using more than two?!

Thanks for calling by! Lou x

8 comments:

  1. I get the impression of dappled light through trees. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely colours in your background. The oak tree with its branches is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous strong image and colours. Great composition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have been by sooner, but late Tuesday night, thunderstorms knocked my power out. To make matters worse, my internet is having a meltdown, and I have to reboot after nearly every person I visit.

    I was very impressed with the tree. It looked like it was a photo due to all the perfect shading when I first saw it. I also like the border. This was a super painted entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great depth of colour on your page to capture the feel of lush woodland x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this page. The drawing is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, beautiful page! Thank you for entering The Craft Barn Challenge.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete