Sunday, 15 May 2016

J is for...

This fortnight the craft barn dictionary challenge had the added twist of a dragonfly. I was concerned that I had included dragonflies just last time on my D page but looking back through the dictionary it turns out I had included them on no less than four other pages! Yep, they are dancing around the frogs on F, fluttering above the lavender fields in L, quietly adding to the background behind the quince in Q, and of course celebrating the dandelions and daisies in D. So really this should have been a doddle!

So, without further ado, this fortnight J is for Jetty


In a moment of curiosity I added a bit of blue liquid pearl to my acrylics to see what would happen. The result was a much better covering disguising the dictionary page but a much harder overall surface to paint on. I'm not much of a painter anyway but this was the only way I could think of to create this page. The dragonflies are the only stamped element on the page and they are a couple of my favourites from crafty individuals.


A quick close up of the definition but for whatever reason it is adamant that it wants to be sideways on!

I'm entering this in to Crafty Individuals anything goes challenge as well as the Craft Barn Dictionary challenge of course. 


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely blue you have created, and the dragonflies look very pretty on top! Thanks for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge for May. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Great page Lou. Lovely painting. You can never go wrong with Dragonflies. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredibly clever way to get around that pesky dragonfly twist. You seem to LOVE dragonflies, though, so it seems a breeze for you. Of course, I disagree. You are a FANTASTIC sketcher and painter. This jetty is actually quite true to form. It's wonderful!!! Even if you are not as happy with it as I seem to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a brilliant painting! Your jetty and water look so very inviting. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your very nice comments, I very much appreciate them.

    May I suggest entering this into Craft Stampers Challenge they have the theme Anything Goes this month.

    http://craftstamper.blogspot.co.uk

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great choice of word and you've incorporated the dragonfly twist briliantly. A lovely page.

    ReplyDelete