Tuesday, 31 May 2016

Sunny days


I've been given a beautiful new stamp set this week by my lovely Mum. The set is called 'Tuscany' by Hobby Art but reminded me straight away of beautiful sunny holidays spent in France. It was the perfect thing for my in-laws anniversary as they are fond of sunny European holidays (who isn't??!)

I stamped the 'view' first on to watercolour paper and then painted with my watercolours. On a separate card blank I stamped the wine and sunflowers using a mask to overlap them. I trimmed an aperture in the card using a craft knife and steel edge ruler. I used a stamp from the hobby art textures set around the frame in versa colour sand beige and then inked over the top with the same ink and some DI ground espresso.

Finally I made the little coordinating tag and added some twine and gold ribbon. I mounted the watercolour scene inside the aperture with 3D foam tape.

Thanks for visiting today, please do leave a comment so I know you have stopped by! Lou x

Challenges;
SSS Work it Wednesday - Sun (I used sunflowers and sunny holidays as my inspiration)
Stamping sensations - Anything goes
SSS Wednesday - Anything goes
Penny Black at allsorts - Anything goes
Crafty Ribbons - Flowers

4 comments:

  1. Great card. Love the scene you have created

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet no ants? Love the wall effect background, perfect touch. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card and a great thought out scene.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More @ Allsorts May challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully painted--wonderful card for your in-laws!

    ReplyDelete