Monday, 9 May 2016

Time for tea?

It looks like I'm just in time to share this make with you for Simon Says Stamp Monday's Home Decor challenge. I had an MDF tray to start and painted the whole thing with Annie Sloan chalk paints in old white. I then used a mix of Graphic 45 papers that all coordinated and glued them in place with a mix of pva and water. I've sanded the edges lightly to ensure the papers have a really tight seal against the paint. As tempting as it is to add a load of flowers or ribbons or something I really want this to be a practical piece so I have resisted and instead will give it a coat of waterproof varnish.
Thanks for stopping by!
Lou x

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, please! A green one! I love this romantic look of the tray... Great job! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete