Friday, 10 June 2016

A little evolution


I love it when a card evolves in to something you really didn't expect. When I started this one, in my minds eye it was going to have some silhouetted flowers against a hazey purple sky in the lower left corner of the card.
By the time I had finished blending the purples through a circular mask, the colour was just crying out for a bit of shimmer spritz. I lifted the mask and there was undeniably a planet staring back at me so I went with it. I turned the card a quarter turn to put the planet in the 'sky.' A quick addition of some silver star stamps (from Lavinia and craftwork cards) and a message (also craftwork cards) and finito!

I'd like to enter this in to
Less is More - Purple
Craft Barn - Stars
SSS Wednesday - Fathers Day / For a guy
Craft stamper - Get inky

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Lou, as always! I love how you went with what was happening as you did it, and have created something so gorgeous as a result. It looks really striking and is a perfect CAS birthday card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely inking here, great card :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely bit of inking, the stars really look as though they are encircling a planet!
    Fabulous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic inky blending of blues and purples! Hey I'm swooning and want a trip to that luxury galaxy. Perfect take on the challenge and thanks for sharing with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card and how it evolved. truly beautiful and so calling out to me to try this. The way you did the stars continuing across the card - wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific ink blending. Nice color. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, great inking, and I love the stars across the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely ink blending on this card and the end result with the stars is just great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't you just love a bit of serendipity? Your card is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this!! Great ink blending, and I love the added stars. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun and pretty! Love the addition of the stars :)

    ReplyDelete