Saturday, 11 June 2016

T is for

There are so many interesting words starting with T! I decided it was high time a cat featured in my dictionary and so selected the word Tabby. I have a lovely set of tabby cat stamps, although for whatever reason they are no longer in their packaging, so if anyone can shed any light on who made them I would be pleased to know!
The stamps are quite finely detailed and having created a thoroughly inky background with a bit of blending, spritzing, stenciling and the rest, I realised the cats just wouldn't stamp as well as they could. Enter the tags. At this point I noticed that tag was on the opposite page so this week T is for Tabby and Tag!

The inks used were ground espresso, lucky clover and carved pumpkin distress inks. The stencil is from crafty individuals and the tags are a sizzix die set.

I'd like to enter this in to the craft barn dictionary challenge (of course!) and also craft stampers 'get inky' challenge and stamping sensations 'feature a creature.'

11 comments:

  1. A lovely dictionary entry. I love the inky background with the little paw prints xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, love the colours, images and layout.Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a cat lover, this one spoke to me. Bleubeard gave it two paws up, too. Even the sayings on the tags are both clever and funny. This is an INCREDIBLE CB spread.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful done!
    Thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever choice of word... love the cat images. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tabby, an inspired choice. The background is beautiful, it sets off the tags perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab page spread. I love the colours you choose and the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great page and love the fact that you did two for the price of one:) Beautiful cat images too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this layout with the tags and the inky background. Those are very sweet stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab page - and great inkiness! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations
    Viv (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a cat person so couldn't fail to love these pages. A great choice of word and beautifully executed.

    ReplyDelete