Friday, 24 June 2016

The 'faux' bleach effect


Ok, I have to start this post by saying I hate British use of the word 'faux'. Faux is the French word for fake, right? So can we all just say fake and be done with??!! There, got that out my system.

Speaking of British, I think the weather on this card will be pretty topical for some right now. Of course the sun is always shining here in sunny Devon but not everyone is so lucky! ;)

Also speaking of British, I'd like to take a moment to apologise to all those lovely Europeans who take time to visit this blog. Sorry that apparently a smidgen over half of my country apparently can't see the benefit of working together. There, also got that one out of my system! (maybe!)

Right, now time to stop being so opinionated and talk cards!

This one was made using the aforementioned 'faux' bleach effect, partly as I spritzed the card with water for a rainy look and partly as I used water to try to lift some of the colour from the clouds. It wasn't that successful if I'm honest and I ended up wirking in to the clouds with a white gelly roll pen.
The stamps are from the lawn fawn hello baby set and the inks are distress inks and pro markers. I added wink of stella to the clouds and smooch spritz to all the blue for a bit of shimmer.

I'd like to enter this card in to;
Less is More - Faux bleach
Simon Wednesday - Add shimmer

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Lou. That duckling is adorable and I personally love the subtle bleach effect of the rainy sky. Fab LIM card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and a great idea to bleach the clouds. I like the diagonal blend from the top corner too. I think we Devon gals have been quite lucky to escape the worst of the weather this last week!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super card and a great technique to use for the clouds!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the shine on the background. Very cute card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Add Shimmer Challenge. Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete