Sunday, 24 July 2016

N is for...

I rather liked the idea of doing 'nocturnal' for the N entry in my dictionary however the definition was spread over the bottom of one page and the top of another. I was saved by the word 'nocturne' which I hadn't heard before. The definition is 'a night time scene, or soft dreamy music. Perfect for what I wanted to create.
So this fortnight N is for Nocturne and this is the scene I have created.
I've used a mixture of distress inks blended over a masked circle for the moon. The stamps are from cardio and crafty individuals. I've added wink of Stella and icicle stickles for finishing touches. The bats are drawn in with fine liner as I didn't have amy suitable bat stamps!
I'd like to link this in to the craft barn dictionary challenge and Simon says stamp 'things with wings' challenge.
Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your night scene looks beautiful! The rabbit are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really lovely dream-like scene. You've captured the essence of the word beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a wonderful job with the bats. They are fantastic and I was so impressed you drew them. The entire scene is very lovely, and I was glad you shared the word Nocturne, because the only time I've heard of it is in relation to a piece of classical music.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous scene and the bats are beautifully drawn.

    ReplyDelete