Friday, 1 July 2016

Stencil - Less is More

I have to admit, I'm not often a fan of stencils for LIM cards . I prefer to use them when I'm going for an all out ink - fest with sprays and splatters and the rest.(That said I've just taken a proper look through the gallery at less is more and visited a few of you and I might need to eat my words!!!) I had to think carefully about how I was going to do this one but while I was using the wisteria die for something else, this idea popped in to my head.

I used the stitched square die negative as the first stencil to give the lilacy-blue background and then used a crafty individuals trellis stencil over the top. I used the positive from the stitched square die to create a window style frame attaching that and the wisteria die cuts with 3D foam mount pads for a bit of depth.

Ingredients;
Wisteria die - Joanna Sheen
Stitched square die - Lawn Fawn
Stencil - Crafty individuals
Inks - Distress inks in faded lilac and sketched blueprint
Stickles - Icicle

I'd also like to link this up to SSS Work it Wednesday challenge - use a wafer thin die or stencil as mine has used both!

5 comments:

  1. So elegant - this really puts me in mind of a country cottage garden in summer... a lazy sunny day... bees buzzing around... I think it's time I went on holiday!! Lovely LIM card Lou, and a beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wisteria! That is one flower that I miss over here in Portugal ( used to have one in the UK). Your wisteria looks perfect against the beautifully stencilled background Lou. Gorgeous muted colour palette too. As Esther said - an elegant card.
    Thanks so much for joining us.
    Sharon xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lou
    Stunning card ...
    My email is groovy_grommit@hotmail.com
    Hugs Sylvie
    Will post on Monday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou and thanks for the visit. Dooking is a Scottish term for a dip in the sea, paddling, swimming etc.... Going for a dook!
    I love your wisteria stencil card, a lovely colour combo.
    Happy crafting!

    Hugs Erika. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Better late than never!
    Sorry for the late visit!
    This is such a pretty little panel! Lovely CAs card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete