Tuesday, 12 July 2016

The silence of growing

I’d been itching to get going with my new crafty individuals stamps (CI- 423 build a spring flower garden) and have a go at the ‘mini masterpieces’ challenge and yet it has taken me quite a while to get to the point where I have something I like. I think I just got a bit over excited and tried to use everything at once! When I had calmed down my colour palette, and accepted that I didn’t need to use all the stamps in the set at once, things seemed to go a little better!
I loved the mini book created by Helen for the challenge, and wanted to have a go at one myself.


 I inked a rainbow effect with distress inks on blank card first, and then used some of the butterflies pressed in to wet sponge and stamped to create the fake bleach effect. I also spritzed some areas with water. I stamped and over-stamped in various shades of ink.
I selected my favourite areas of inking and stamping and cut them out using a 1”square punch, securing them with washi tape to create a concertina book.
A bit of doodling, some wink of stella, a little sentiment (I saw it in an RHS gift shop on a plaque and have borrowed it, it says ‘how lovely is the silence of growing things’) all finished off with a little ribbon and the book was created!







 Just to show you how very 'mini' this book really is, here is a photo of it in the palm of my hand!


I would like to enter this in to the following challenges;

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet and pretty mini masterpiece Lou! Lovely make for this Challenge, and thanks for linking it in to the CI blog this month. Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mini book Lou. Fab stamping. Love the colour combo.
    Thank you for joining in the Crafty Individuals Challenge.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in the Craft Stamper's TIMI challenge, LOVE your entry!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute little mini book...great background stamping...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...have a great weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the colours you've used on this adorable mini book! thank you so much for playing along with us this month at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore the size of this book, it is just so teeny tiny - adorable. Also the effect you achieved, there is a lovely gentleness to each page.
    Many thanks for joining the Crafty Individuals challenge.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful mini book, love the colours

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. An adorable mini-book!! Good luck for the challenge with this second entry Lou!
    Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A cute little book and a great way to use the Crafty Individuals stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet and tiny gorgeous ceation!
    Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete