Monday, 4 July 2016

W is for...

Earlier than normal I am sharing my Craft Barn dictionary entry with you for this fortnight. The letter is W and there are no twists. There were loads of words that appealed to me but having just been given this Joanna Sheen wisteria die by my lovely Mum, it had to be that (well, it would be rude not to, right?!)
So this week, W is for... Wisteria

I wanted to create a scene for it to frame as that seems to be what wisteria does best, so I used the hobby art Tuscany stamp set (also a gift from my lovely Mum) to make this little scene. Since 'create a scene' is the title of Little Claire's challenge this month, I'd like to enter in there too.


I'm posting earlier than normal as I wanted to be in time for a second entry in to Simon Says Stamps Tic Tac Toe challenge. I picked the diagonal line 'stamp, stencil, spray.'
I started by stencilling an imagination crafts leaf stencil around to top and edges of the page to give a background to the  the wisteria.
I inked with a variety of distress inks and stamped over the top, masking the sunflowers in the corner. 
Once I had cut the wisteria, I spritzed it with smooch spritz in green to give more variety to the leaves.
You can see this a little clearer here. 

Finally I coloured the stamped scene with promarkers and spritzed with a little ground espresso distress ink along the bottom.
As well as the previously mentioned challenges, I would like to enter this in to SSS Wednesday - Anything goes, craft stamper- anything goes and Penny Black at allsorts anything with stamping challenges.

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty scene framed by the Wisteria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The scene you created is lovely, Lou! It looks so calm and peaceful and I'd love to jump right onto the page and stay for a while. I love how you framed the scene with wisteria and sunflowers. It's just beautiful! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the scene that you created! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou
    This is fabulous... Never seen this before... Stunning
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful scene with a very wistful air about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the page you have created. Wisteria is a beautiful flower, with stunning scent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous scene that you have created, great word to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful serene page! Congrats on the SSSMchallenge spotlight!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Tuscan scene! The Wisteria does indeed frame it to perfection. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The wisteria certainly does make a great frame for this scene. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely scene and the wisteria frames it beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful entry for the Craft Stamper challenge this month
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever idea to frame the scene with the wisteria x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous book pages. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete