Sunday, 21 August 2016

Z is for...

Well this is probably the latest I've ever submitted a dictionary challenge entry, but still just about in time!! I didn't really have the energy for crafting this evening but once I got going I found it hard to stop!
The challenge set by the craft barn was Z, including a pearl. In keeping with my natural theme I chose Z for zinnia.

I wasn't totally sure what they looked like, so having run a quick Google search I rummaged for some paper artsy stamps that I thought looked suitably similar and then coloured them with my brightest promarkers! (If you do happen to search for zinnias ever, make sure to wear your sunglasses, the results are blindingly bright!!!)

Anyway, enough chat, here's my page



As mentioned it was necessary to include a pearl so I used liquid pearls in bisque and garnet for the centre of the flowers. I also added a fair amount of doodling to finish off.
Thanks for stopping by.
 Lou x
I'd like to enter this in to the following challenges (as well as the craft barn)
Simon Wednesday - make for the border
Penny black and more- anything goes
Stamping sensations- anything goes
Allsorts- fabulous florals


13 comments:

  1. DELIGHTFUL!! Love the text background and bright colors! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Make For the Border” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous creation Lou and how effective on the print backing, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts, Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow. This is incredible. I love the beautiful (and colorful) zinnias. They are truly lovely with their book page background. Unusual, too, and a great way to incorporate the dreaded pearl twist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The brightly coloured blooms look fantastic against the black & white print. Great page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful bright zinnias Lou! I love the colors you chose. Bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely image, love the dictionary background and the vibrant colours of the Zinnias

    Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensationd this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous page. I love the hot, sizzling colour palette you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous page, love the colourful zinnias

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your page looks fabulous.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 'Fabulous Florals' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so effective, lovely bright colourful creation. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn X
    DT

    ReplyDelete