Sunday, 4 September 2016

H is for...

Oops! I've had such a strange work shift pattern recently I hadn't actually clocked that it was Sunday! Nearly missed the craft barn dictionary deadline and only just remembered in time.

I picked a nice simple word, Haw, fruit of the hawthorn. My hubby and I once went foraging for them and turned them in to Haw ketchup, it tasted awful!!!



This page was simply made with watercolour paints and liquid pearls. I moved the dictionary when the liquid pearls were still wet and the page flicked over and printed some spots on the opposite page. I think it's my favourite part of the design!

Thanks for stopping by. I know things have been a bit quiet on here lately but hopefully I'll have a bit more time again now work has settled down!

5 comments:

  1. Love how the liquid pearls catch the light, great page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice of word and your CAS page illustrates it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great word choice and lovely depiction. We used to have several hawthorn trees in the garden but they have all gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for entering the Craft Barn Alpha/Dictionary Challenge. Good Luck Mickie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me laugh with your ketchup comment! I'm going to have to look out for haws now as I don't think I've ever noticed them x

    ReplyDelete