Sunday, 18 September 2016

O is for...

Good evening!

Tonight I am sharing the next installment of my dictionary for the craft barn alpha/dictionary challenge. The chosen letter is O and although I've spotted a few other people who've picked this word, I couldn't resist...
 O is for Owl :)

I have a lovely set of hobby art owls which were out to good use in the making of this page!


I never like to fully hide the dictionary page, but I did feel that text all over the owls would be too much so I used a bit of chalk paint to roughly cover the background.
Next I added in the bark stamps and smooshes of ground espresso distress ink applied with a paint brush.
The owls are coloured with inktense pencils and I finished off with some spots of glitter and started to light up the sky.

That's all for now, thanks for calling by.
Lou x

6 comments:

  1. Goodness, I am in LOVE with your stamped owls. They are adorable and fit well on the various branches of the tree. I really like the bark, too. This is a wonderful entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't resist using owls as your word, those cuties had to be showcased! Wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuteowls and love the bark texture. Fab page. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page - thanks for entering the Craft Barn challenge. Good luck in the draw xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your page. The tree bark is fabulous and those owls are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your owls are gorgeously cute, and I just love the page you have created too.

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete