Thursday, 2 March 2017

Lost and found

I was excited to see the theme at Simon Monday this week is 'based on a book'. I love books, notepads are an absolute fave and I had a great time doing an altered dictionary with the craft barn last year, but more than any others, I love children's stories. I based this card on a book by Oliver Jeffers about a lost penguin who sailed across the ocean in an umbrella. I also based it on the sketch from less is more since they seemed to go quite nicely.
Here is the book;

 


This is the less is more sketch;

And here is the card I made;


The stamps are from lawn fawns 'toboggan together' and 'hello baby' sets. The waves are made with doodlebug paper frills and I have coloured using distress inks and promarkers. 

Thanks for stopping by!




7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...such a cute card! Love it! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, what a fab image of the pengie in an upturned umbrella

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just so adorbale i love it
    thanks for joining us at less is more this week, jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Great way to combine challenges, and such a sweet image... it's quite adorable! The "waves" are fab! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou, that sounds like a great story! Love how you used the book illustration to come up with your sweet penguin and umbrella! I am happy you shared your based on a book project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you were inspired to make this card and you've executed it wonderfully. So cute, and I love the waves.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so talented. I just love the little penguin.

    ReplyDelete