Thursday, 9 March 2017

What is teal anyway?

This evening I set about making a card for less is more's 'mostly teal' theme. Armed with a new (to me) lawn fawn die, I fancied playing a bit more with some brushos and ended up producing this;
I quickly realised that brushos and a soft subtle colour like teal were simply incompatible after my combinations produced a colour closer to electric blue than teal. Never mind, waste not want not and all that, taking the cut out happy (in electric blue) I tried again using another of my latest acquisitions, oxide inks.

I suppose teal is a subjective colour to portray and this one has been dubbed 'cracked pistachio' by Mr T. Holtz but I think it'll do.
I used star and sentiment stamps from craftwork cards to add to the background and finished with an all important wink of Stella.

Ttfn!

Challenges;



5 comments:

  1. I love the die cut sentiment from your brusho background, Lou and it looks like you had a lot of fun using your new oxide ink too! Great ideas and techniques on your card. Thank you for playing along with us at Less is More this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both backgrounds are gorgeous! I love the effect of Brushos, and Cracked Pistachio is one of my favourite shades <3 Beautiful shimmer and very elegant results! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super card you ended up with. The layout is sensational and the bits of dazzle are stunning. And you even got a two-fer with the remaining bit of brusho card. Oh you made me giggle Lou - I did exactly the same thing with the other LIM DT make on my blog and had to use distress stains rather than Brushos! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card and so glad you persevered. Those brushos are sneaky aren't they ... you just never know quite how it's going to turn out but you've created a brilliant card in the end and love all the detail and shimmery elements. Thanks for playing with us at Less is More this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, love the brusho effect, so pretty. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete