Tuesday, 30 May 2017

The reason I smile

I’ve been playing with a gorgeous paper pad 
from kaisercraft this week. 

There are so many bits included I think it’s one 
I’ll get a lot of makes out of. 

Some of the papers inside are totally white with
 a glossy pattern added to them. This makes them 
perfect for adding colour to. 

I experimented with adding watercolours 
and brushos, using the gloss as a resist. 

For this make I started by swiping my archival pad 
over the gloss several times and then wiping
 the excess off with a damp cloth.




I chose to mount this on to a watercolour design 
from the pad and ran the archival ink pad around
the edges of both papers to give them a subtle border.



I cut a large and a small flower from one

of the page designs and edged them 
with Potting Soil Archival ink





Using the back of my thumb nail 
I curled the petals and layered 
the flowers together. 

In the centre I added a little button 
coated in alchemy wax.



I completed the card with a sentiment

stamped in Archival aquamarine. 
Again I edged it with the Archival ink. 

The card is finished with a little

Wink of Stella and some liquid pearls for a bit of shimmer :) 



Materials list;
Archival ink (aquamarine, potting soil)
Button (from stash)
Wink of Stella

I'd like to enter this in to the less is more shimmer challenge 

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card. Love your technique! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty mix media card. Love the colour. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Lou. It may be a little busy for our tastes at Less is More with all the patterns (you know how we love our clear white space) but it really is classy and the colours are wonderful and it has super shimmery detail. Thanks so much for sharing this with us xx

    ReplyDelete