Wednesday, 28 June 2017

Playing with inks

A little late to the party I know but I recently purchased some dylusions ink sprays from the craft barn and have been having a lot of fun playing and experimenting with them.
This is one of the first cards I have made with my experiments. I played around spraying ink directly in to card, on to a may and then picking it up, through a stencil and directly on to a stencil then making a print. This is what I did with this card;


I love the vibrancy of colours that you get with these inks! I simply mounted my stencil print panel on to a card blank, added some butterflies punched from more ink sprayed card along with some diamantes. The die cut is from lawn fawn fixed to vellum. Everything is finished off with a bit of compulsory stickles glitter. 

Challenges;


Wednesday, 14 June 2017

A father's day beer

Well I think I'm just about in time for father's day with these cards. I bought card-io's 'last orders' set ages ago thinking it would be perfect for such an occasion as this. Now all I need is for my hubby to forget the cards by next month so I can use the stamps again for his birthday!!!


I mostly used versa colour inks and built up the layers using 2nd and 3rd generation stamping. I also blended ink around the stamping using a dry baby wipe for subtle background colour.


You can play spot the difference between the two cards if you like... There are differences there, they're just subtle :)

Challenges;


Wednesday, 7 June 2017

Some bunny


Well I'm definitely going to need to do some father's day cards at some point, but for now I wanted to share with you some tags I made for a little boy who is due at the end of June. (Well I suppose technically they're for his mum!)

I used sizzix dies to cut the tags and the stamps are from lawn fawns hello baby set. 


Quite simple but I think quite cute too!

Challenges;

Stamping sensations; favourite stamp (I have so many favorites but this bunny set is definitely one of them!)
Penny black and more; anything goes

Sunday, 4 June 2017

Cats and dogs

A little while back now I shared the original version of this card which featured just pooches. After the arrival of 'miaow you doin' I have created an updated version featuring some Moggies as well.

It's a pretty busy card compared to my usual style but I guess that's what happens when you have a new stamp set to play with!! I'm very excited to have just discovered a lawn fawn challenge blog and would like to enter this card in to their spring inspiration challenge.
I would also like to enter at SSS Wednesday anything goes and penny black and more anything goes.

Enjoy your day, Lou :)

Friday, 2 June 2017

Blossom time


Hi everyone,
I was very excited about playing with these new Tracey Scott stamps, they're so bold and fun and useful for all sorts. 

I started with a tando organiser which I coated in gesso and then fresco paints. For this project I used the limited edition Tracey Scott paint colours, teamed up with granny smith, Bougainvillia, and Nougat.
Each page of the organiser was treated to a different paint colour. 
Using the stamps mounted on a clear block I began building scenes in each of the pages. If you are planning to paint on to a stamped image, always make sure you use a permanent ink- I used rangers archival ink for this.

Another option is to stamp using the paint as I have done on the front cover in the background. Apply it thinly to a piece of cut n dry foam and dab over the stamp to get even coverage. You can get two or three decent impressions each time before re coating in paint. 

When you're happy with your stamping you can start painting :)
 
I added highlights to some of the book's colours using the white Nougat paint.
To add a little extra texture I worked in to the painting using inktense pencils adding borders, shading and doodling.
On some pages I added hints of glitter using the wink of Stella pen too.

The front and back covers. I used a fineliner to add a title to the front - as you can see, nothing too specific!

 All the inside pages in order...







With all the pages completed I tied them together using some rough twine from my stash, not forgetting to add a mixture of bright paper to the inside so I can write in it!




Thanks for reading :)

This project was designed for the craft barn.

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges;
Craft stamper, anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday- circles (the orange page in particular but there are also lots of the front cover)