Tuesday, 25 July 2017

A summer star

Hi there!
I've had a go at making some dinky little cards today for our 'star box' at work - it's a box in which we post notes to our colleagues thanking them for the good stuff they've done. At the moment these notes are usually written on little scraps of paper, so I thought it would be fun to make a bunch of cards to use instead.

I was inspired by the lawn fawn colour inspiration board, and also Simon says stamp's star challenge. This is what I came up with.





The cards are wallet sized and were made using distress ink smooshed on a craft mat and spritzed with water. I stamped the lawn fawn starfish and coloured with pro markers, before die cutting. I added a sentiment, border and glitter and hey presto :)

Challenges;
Penny black and more- for the boys (well I guess they could be for either!!)

3 comments:

  1. Totally adorable little cards! I love the idea of a "star box" and your cards are so thoughtful! I'm so happy you joined the color challenge fun at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea ! more places should do this. And such a sweet card, I am sure they loved it.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! Love how you are using the starfish images to go with you're a star, Lou! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete