Friday, 28 July 2017

On to new things

Hi there!

I started this project for the craft barn by applying strips of random Washi tape on to a piece of white card.

 I gave it a coating in Nougat fresco paint, followed by some jade paint.
 I added water and wiped back some of the jade fresco paint to keep it light and textured.

 Using more fresco paints as an ink, I stamped the IO clouds stamp.
 The archival ink used here is permanent and perfect for stamping over shinier surfaces like that of the Washi tape.
 I ended up using three of the four colours in the new archival mini set one.
 I wanted a bit more texture so I used a set of nesting circle dies to create rings.
 Then on a spare piece of paper I stamped the air balloon again, cut it out and mounted using lots of 3d foam pads.
 Next I used dies to cut out the lettering I wanted...
 and spritzed with colour bloom for a shimmery, textured finish.
 I added the lettering and highlighted it using fineliner, then popped a border around the edge to finish.



Materials;
Washi tape
Fresco paints (Nougat and jade)


Challenges;

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a real fun background to create and super masculine card, many thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the step by step on this one, lots of layers and lots to look at too, thank you for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More, Leanne DT xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way you made up your background. The circles are so cool here. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fun card, lovely details.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More July challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete